Tattoo today is a kind of body art, thanks to which everyone can not only decorate the body, but also emphasize their individuality. However there are situations in which people use the tattoo not only as a decoration of various areas of the body, but also as the only option to regain attractiveness and hide skin defects and scars left after injuries or operations. Scar tattoos are very adept at this important task and about it below in our article.
Photos of tattoos for scars after surgery
Scars after surgeries can be located on any part of your body, and when choosing a tattoo in such cases it is impossible to stick to certain and standard options. An experienced master will easily offer you similar ideas of sketches and help you to decide on an individual choice, which will hide the scars and defects bothering you as much as possible. For small defects, you can opt for refined and neat images. For larger scars, choose woven and more voluminous designs, favoring an abundance of colors and transitions. These can be original patterns, abstraction and geometric directions, images of animals, mythical creatures, inscriptions and all kinds of ideas that your imagination and the skillful hands of the master are capable of. Below we will look at some of the possible options for tattoos.
How is scar camouflage done?
The first and most important stage is consultation with the performer. Contact the master, ready to answer any questions, taking into account the overall condition of the epidermis and the nature of the scar changes, if it changes shape or size, and so on. Then one of the best options will be offered, the most suitable, based on your wishes and indications.
What is dry needling technology?
In simple cases, scar tissue can be reduced by using a mesotherapy analog. Only multiple needle insertions under the skin are performed, but without drugs. Small punctures in the skin in the area where the connective tissue comes to the surface contribute to the production of natural collagen. It, in turn, evens out the tone and visually brightens the scar tissue. Sessions are performed at intervals of about one month, 2-3 times. The nature and intensity of this procedure will be determined more accurately by the master. Such a task is entrusted to doctors - dermo-cosmetologists who can prepare your skin for further camouflaging or completely get rid of the problem.
Scar camouflage: basic steps
The process is similar to the usual tattooing. A pigment of the corresponding tone is introduced under the skin to a small depth. The duration of the procedure depends on the area to be treated, the nature of the scar and other initial data. Will be enough for a couple of hours to get a "new skin". It is impossible to completely hide the flaw, it will still be perceptible, but visually the tone will become more even and natural. Let's consider all the stages each client goes through.
- Consultation with the master and choosing the most suitable strategy.
- Anesthesia, during which application anesthesia is applied. A spray or gel is applied to the area to be treated with equipment. It lasts for 20-25 minutes.
- Paint selection. The most difficult stage, as the master needs to "hit" the shade you are interested in as precisely as possible. To do this, a couple of tones are mixed at once, which helps to get the desired result.
- The application of pigment.
Next, it is necessary to carefully follow the recommendations of the specialist, allowing you to go through the restoration process as quickly and safely as possible. However, do not forget that the procedure is also worth preparing properly.
Tattoos for scars on the stomach
The positive qualities of tattoos in this direction is a large area for the work of the master. You can pick up any sketch that will skillfully disguise your problem area on the stomach, and for this the master can offer you a tattoo of any size. The only disadvantages of performing such sketches, are the increased soreness and stretching, which can appear on this area of the body.
Is "dry" tattooing a separate procedure or preparation for camouflage?
In some cases, the relief area of scars and scars is treated with a blank needle before dermatopigmentation. Such a technique is called "dry" because it does not involve the use of pigment.
"Dry" tattooing can be performed as an independent procedure to restore the skin, level out fine lines and wrinkles and other minor defects, but most often it is used as an additional step in preparation for the camouflage of scars. Micro punctures with a machine needle stimulate the natural production of collagen fibers, making the skin more elastic, smooth and supple, which multiplies the response to the subsequent introduction of pigment.
master Anastasia Shcherbina, @anastasia__shcherbina
Tattoo on hands: ideas, photos
Scarring or scars on the hands, unfortunately, appear much more often than other defects. And to a large extent this depends on more contact of the hands with the environment, which is often very aggressive in relation to us. Masters recommend for tattoos on extensive hand scars to use a denser embedding of color pigments and choose accordingly larger in size pictures. If you have minor scars you can stop on the small sketch, necessarily taking into account its value, for example, the image of an arrow, a sakura twig and other ideas that caught your fancy.
Tattoo care and healing time
Approximate terms of total healing of tattoo after its applying for masking scars and scars - 1-2 weeks, in the absence of potential complications. In some cases associated with regular dynamic skin and clothing contact (fingers, ankle, wrist, buttocks) the indicated term is increased by 50%.
Basic Short-Term Interventions:
- A master-applied dressing is removed after 6 to 12 hours,
- The installation is washed with clean water and liquid soap. Abrasives, sponges, lotions, gels, alcohol and other substances are prohibited,
- The masking pattern is carefully blotted out with a cotton pad, after which a dexpanthenol-based healing ointment is applied to the skin,
- The tattoo is covered with a baby diaper and fixed with a plaster. The above measures are repeated up to 3 times a day.
The first day the treatment area is covered with sticky crusts, which is a natural reaction of the body and skin to the procedure of tattooing.
Later, a thin, gradual film is formed on the epidermis. In the final stage, the coverings peel off, and the picture - partially pale, restoring its hues to the full end of the process.
The basic principles of tattoo care:
- From 4 days after the procedure until the final healing, the pattern is maintained moisturized with a non-greasy, nourishing and moisturizing ointment,
- It is obligatory to observe sterility with careful hand washing, no traumatization of the treated skin is allowed,
- It is not recommended to drink alcohol and exercise for 3 days after the tattoo,
- At the week excluded sauna,
- At 2 weeks exclude solarium,
- For 3 weeks, hiking in indoor public swimming pools is excluded.
How to beautifully hide the scar from cesarean section
Any woman who is preparing to become a mother can face such an operative intervention as delivery by caesarean section. This procedure leaves a scar in the lower abdomen, which in most cases creates discomfort and embarrassment. For those who decide to correct this defect by applying a tattoo, masters offer a large selection of designs that will help "disguise" this problem. Mostly women prefer exquisite floral patterns with intertwining, or other thematic drawings or openwork inscriptions. It is only worth noting that tattoos on such scars look beautiful only on taut muscles, so you should well weigh all the pros and cons before performing this procedure.
Types of scars. What are they like?
- Normotrophic is considered the most optimal for further concealment. It represents a long thin line that does not protrude above the level of the skin and is not placed below it. It is not uncommon for such marks to retain their original shape for years, only slightly lighter. However, if they are in the places of permanent bends, the line can expand and increase. In this case, chemical peels, laser resurfacing, tattooing are applicable. Tattooing can also be relevant.
- Keloid brings maximum discomfort to its owners. It is denser than the underlying skin, protrudes above the natural level of the epidermis, convex and often darker than the base tone. Over time, such scars cause a feeling of tightness, itching, and can be painful. They always cover a larger area than the original wound.
- Hypertrophic, unlike keloid, is treatable. Camouflage of scars in this case is relevant and effective. The hypertrophic scar does not enlarge over time, and can only get smaller. It also does not extend beyond the original wound or incision.
To varying degrees, tattooing can be effective on different marks. The final decision can only be made after consultation with a specialist to determine the depth of skin damage, the nature of the epidermis injury, and whether it changes over time or remains static.
How you can cover the scars with a tattoo: tips of masters
Sometimes it is impossible to apply a tattoo for some reasons, for example, medical contraindications, a psychological barrier or any other reason, then you can go the other way and overlap the disturbing defect with an "invisible" tattoo. Trust in this case, you need only an experienced and proven master, who will pick up the pigment, perfectly suitable for the color of the skin, because in general overlapping scars are exposed on the exposed parts of the body - the neck, face and hands. After applying such a tattoo there may be a difference in skin coloring when tanned, also this procedure is not particularly effective with large scars and relief scars. In such cases, masters of salons can offer you a different kind of tattoo.
Scar camouflage: what to do before tattooing?
For three days prior to surgery, you do not need to take blood thinning medications. Also give up alcohol and energy drinks for this period. Do not drink coffee or strong tea several hours in advance, or better yet, 24 hours in advance. Cigarettes are also forbidden. Do not spend a long time in the sun. Tanning in this case may confuse the master in the choice of the appropriate tone. In our geographical conditions, most of the time a person is not in the sun, so if you do not plan to regularly visit a tanning salon or use an auto sunbed, it is better to apply the tattoo on non-tanned skin.
Peculiarities of care after the procedure
A slight swelling is possible, which disappears in two to three days. After camouflaging, the specialist will give you a full list of necessary recommendations. Regenerating agents are used, which should be regularly applied to the skin. If the skin is bleeding, the epithelium should be cleaned gently, without the use of scrubbing agents. Do not use loofahs, scrubs, or other elements that can damage the skin. Similar to traditional tattooing, scar camouflage forms a crust as it heals. Do not rip it off or remove it mechanically. Wait for the natural regeneration process.
You should be very careful about being in the sun in the future. Because the skin near the scars will tan, which will emphasize the difference between the natural and regenerated skin. If possible, cover the area with clothing or use sunscreen. After 6-8 weeks, you need to do a refresh, which is to update your chosen shade. However, the frequency of corrections is individual. It depends on the original features, the area used, the difference between the original and the desired skin color.
Special tattoos to cover scars
In addition to tattoos, which skillfully mask scars, cover them or in some cases serve as a complement, and act as a decoration of these defects, popular tattoo designs, which completely cover the flaws on the body. They can be performed on any part of the body, and skillfully conceal not only postoperative scars, minor injuries, but also large areas of skin after a burn, for example, or other similar defects. Such drawings differ in size and subtlety of the master's work. They are often performed according to individual sketches and look like real works of art.
What are they made on?
The possibility of masking the scar depends primarily on its type. Hiding tattoos are only done on some scars:
- Normotrophic. Such scars look light and smooth, they occur on the body in the absence of deep tissue damage as a result of small cuts, from burns, claws of small animals, etc. It is worth emphasizing that in place of a normotrophic scar, the tattoo pigment will look lighter, so it is better initially to pick up a multi-colored sketch or a picture with many shades.
- Atrophic. These scars are soft and light. Visually, they resemble dents in the skin. Basically, atrophic scars can include stretch marks on the body, which appear after pregnancy, drastic weight changes and hormonal surges. Also such marks appear on the skin after severe acne, rather deep cuts and burns of medium severity. Atrophic scars remain on the body after uncomplicated surgical interventions. They may well be hidden under a tattoo. As a rule, on such scars the picture is quite good. But the face with scars is still better not to hide under the tattoo, he scars can get rid of less radical methods.
It is worth considering that it is possible to hide the atrophic and normotrophic scars on the body not only under the tattoo. Various cosmetic methods are also used to reduce such defects, for example, peeling, resurfacing, laser treatment, etc.
On the abdomen after a caesarean section
Cesarean section is a very common surgical intervention, which helps to give birth to a significant number of children. But after it, it leaves an unsightly scar on the abdomen, which can give the new mother a lot of psychological discomfort. Most often after the intervention on the skin remains normotrophic or atrophic scar, which can be well hidden under the tattoo. But if healing of the postoperative wound did not go too well, more serious and larger scars (hypertrophic or keloid) may form. The risk of such scars increases if:
Original tattoos for girls: masking scars and defects
Young ladies, who stop their choice to solve the problem by applying a tattoo, should not forget about the durability of such a picture and think in advance what exactly they want to face on your body. To begin with you can make a preliminary sketch, which will help you to determine the final choice of design. As we said above, the actual tattoos for the female sex are any vegetal or floral designs, birds, twigs and inscriptions, abstraction, hieroglyphs or the image of an animal or any other images. The drawing should contain a lot of fine details, smooth transitions, colored highlights, and perfectly mask the problem.
In our article we have introduced you a little bit, dear readers, with such, as it turned out, important and necessary procedure as performing a tattoo on scars. It only remains to add that to apply a tattoo it is necessary not only to decide on the choice of sketch, but also to consult a doctor and wait for the scar or scar to heal completely. We wish you good luck!
The advantages of scar removal procedures over other methods of correction
- low traumatism of the procedure
- significant increase in skin density
- Short rehabilitation period: the healing process takes only 5-7 days. For comparison: in surgical scar removal, the rehabilitation period may last several months.
- The use of local anaesthetics makes the procedure comfortable, and the rehabilitation period is also practically painless
- Lack of photosensitivity, as after laser resurfacing and chemical peeling. For example, after laser treatment, you cannot sunbathe for up to 3 months.
- There are no contraindications for people with thin sensitive skin or contraindications for laser resurfacing
- considerably cheaper than laser methods of correction of scars, wrinkles and stretch marks
- Sometimes the procedure has a beneficial effect on dilated blood vessels. They can even disappear.
- aesthetic result in the correction of such pathology as "harelip".
Peculiarities of camouflage scar tattoo techniques
Two techniques have been developed to cover defects on the skin. In the way they affect the scar, they are opposite to each other, but have the same high efficiency. The optimal option is chosen by the cosmetologist.
Collagen stimulation. Masters call it a dry tattoo, without creating color on the skin. It is used to remove scars, scar tissue and small wrinkles.
A specialist passes a needle not filled with pigment over the defect area. Forces the skin to increase collagen production. Closes with a new layer, the natural color of the scar, the stretch without any harm. After the tattoo, the skin reserves are triggered.
Collagen is the main component of connective tissue. It is present in the skin, tendons, bones, cartilage.
With age and with hormonal disorders, there is a decrease in production, which leads to the formation of stretch marks, wrinkles, scars, sagging of the face, décolletage.
Injection with the tattooing technique brings the skin into tone. The technique has advantages over chemical peels, laser. Collagen stimulation does not require long-term protection from direct sunlight, does not leave pigmentation.
Camouflage permanent make-up helps to hide scars, scars and other defects, but does not remove them. It is applied in cases when the only solution is to cover the skin with color. It can be performed with collagen stimulation. First, the problem area is softened, then a pigmented dye matching the color of the surrounding tissues is injected into it. After the tattoo, the burn, scar, and stretch mark become invisible.
Need advice from a beauty expert?
Get an online consultation with a beauty expert. Ask your question now.
Ask a free question
After camouflage, the appearance of your skin improves instantly. Within three days there is some redness, swelling, but you can assess the result. The final appearance of the dye is seen after 2 weeks.
Collagen stimulation does not have such a quick effect, as the color tattoo of the scars. It works over time, triggering regenerative processes. After treatment, the skin remains red and inflamed for 7 days.
For a month there will be peeling, contributing to the shrinkage of tissues, restoring a shade close to the natural one.
Features of such tattoos
In the tattoo salon you need to go when the scar is completely healed. Usually it takes 6-12 months. Working with scar tissue is quite difficult, because the pigment "lays" on it in a different way. These areas can be lighter in color. Therefore, sometimes the artist corrects the initial idea of the client (as agreed) in order to achieve the best possible result.
If the scar is three-dimensional and embossed, it cannot be removed with a drawing. But it is possible to play well by doing a tattoo with a 3D effect. These scars also often become part of the plot without the introduction of pigment in them.
Very often, tattoos on scars are deeply symbolic. After surviving a car accident, after a serious surgery, a person wants to show that what happened changed him, gave the start of a new life. People choose symbols of immortality, renewal, rebirth, purification, etc.
To score a scar with a tattoo, it may take several sessions, because the structure of defects is often uneven, the pigment is held differently.