Tattoo on the scar from a cesarean section is one of the easiest ways to hide the consequences of surgery. Here the main thing to understand is that applying a tattoo is a very responsible step, as it will remain with you forever, so think it over well and make a decision. Here I will give you an example of applying a tattoo to the cesarean scar:
As you can see, a very elegant feather pattern completely hid the cesarean scar.
You can, of course, seek help from a plastic surgeon, and remove the scar through another (or even more than one) surgical procedure. But is it worth subjecting yourself to another torture to disguise the scar? Why not do it in a simpler way? One of them is a beautiful tattoo, professionally performed on the cesarean scar. It will not only hide the damaged skin, but also automatically rank its owner in the category of modern moms who rigorously follow fashion.
I recommend to read: How to properly treat a cesarean stitch at home
Let's understand in more detail, whether it is possible to do such procedures on the postpartum scar, when it is better to go to the tattoo salon, what tattoo to choose and, most importantly, what the luminaries of medicine think about it all.
General information about the procedure
Tattoo, as well as the process of its application, in many causes a lot of questions and doubts. Someone is afraid of pain, someone thinks that during the procedure there is a high risk of contracting an infection, others can not decide on the choice of design, etc. Yes, all these fears are not unfounded, but the risks are easy enough to eliminate, and it is quite safe for your own health to say goodbye to ugly stitches on the abdomen, if you follow a few simple rules.
Be sure to read these rules!
- Think well about your decision. Keep in mind that the tattoo will stay with you for life, to remove it without a trace to date is not possible.
- Be sure to Consult with your doctor regarding the possibility of the procedure. A specialist should assess how well the scar has healed, determine whether you have any allergies or other contraindications.
- Carefully choose the master who will do the drawing. Find out what kind of ink and tools he uses, how sterile the conditions in which the procedure is carried out are. Make sure that the aesthetic tastes of yours and his fully coincide.
- First, apply the chosen drawing with henna, which will wash off in three weeks. This will allow you to understand if you really made the right decision.
It is also necessary to take into account the fact that in one time the master will not be able to make a beautiful tattoo. Several long sessions will be required. Compare this with your capabilities and only then take any action.
Carrying out micropigmentation
Masking stretch marks can be done in ways that are not as trivial as the ones described above. It happens that women resorted to the method of micropigmentation, which perfectly masks the defects of the skin. At the same time it is quite safe for health. The essence of the procedure: in the upper layer of the epidermis by injecting a pigment that corresponds to the shade of the skin.
Since the "camouflage" procedure is minimally traumatic, the healing occurs in a record-breaking short period. The micropigmentation process itself is virtually painless. Another plus of the procedure - a woman is allowed to sunbathe already a few days after such a temporary tattoo. True, the masters do not work with young stretch marks, scars.
What you need to know: masking stretch marks pigment in the tone of the skin, remember that now you can tan only after the lubrication of the body with a strong protective means against UV rays. Otherwise, the heavily tanned skin will contrast with the injected dye.
List of sources
Is it possible to make tattoos on scars?
The answer to this question depends on the type and quality of the scar surface, the period of its age. They can be:
- Atrophic. Are a consequence of chicken pox, acne, burns and minor surgical interventions. They look like irregularities and depressions, different in color from healthy skin. Such marks can be covered with a tattoo.
- Normotrophic. They appear as a result of slight damage to the epidermis. Against the general background of a particular area of the skin stand out slightly, have the appearance of light flat stripes or dots. Can easily be hidden by tattoos.
- Hypertrophic. They remain due to serious damage to the skin due to the rapid growth of fibrous tissue. Such scars look very much like post-operative stitches, have a reddish or deep pink color. Often the damaged areas are painful and itchy. Overlapping of such marks is possible, but with caution, having consulted a doctor and a professional master beforehand.
- Keloid. They do not look very aesthetically pleasing, rather, even rough, often bright pink with a bluish tint. Such scars can periodically itch, hurt, cause a feeling of tight skin, and grow larger. It is prohibited to apply tattoos on them. And in general, people who are prone to the formation of keloid scars are contraindicated to any such manipulations.
Do you already have a tattoo somewhere?
I used toNot yet.
It's also worth mentioning moles and papillomas, which many people wish to hide behind a beautiful drawing. What to do is categorically not recommended. The fact is that under such marks are blood capillaries in very large numbers. Any intervention in such areas can provoke the formation and multiplication of cancer cells. The "right" master will bypass such a place or organically integrate it into the applied drawing.
Methods of aesthetic cosmetology
Mesotherapy is the introduction of biologically active substances by means of microinjections aimed at the ability to produce elastin and collagen, as they help to rejuvenate the skin and improve blood circulation. These substances reach the very deep layers of the dermis.
There is no other way to achieve this result. With the help of mesotherapy, women effectively combat stretch marks on the skin, smoothing its surface, toning the muscles. It is also possible to hide stretch marks on the abdomen. But how soon will be noticed the long-awaited effect of the procedure? Mesotherapy will give the first tangible results after just a few sessions.
Dermabrasion is skin resurfacing.
It is carried out with the help of a special apparatus, which has a rotating nozzle in the form of a large shaft. Before the procedure, a local anesthetic is made. The old skin is scraped off.
Pink spots and colloidal scars appear in its place, but since dermabrasion restores the dermis, new skin soon appears in place of the resurfacing. The process is lengthy and takes 3 to 8 weeks to recover.
Laser peels can be used on sensitive surfaces of the abdominal skin. This procedure is completely safe. The laser affects the skin with special beams and vaporizes the surface cells.
Thus, it evens out the skin and reduces keloid scars. By using laser peeling old, dead cells of the epidermis are effectively removed from the body, small imperfections are well eliminated, and at the same time cell division and regeneration of the skin are stimulated.
Indications for use:
- Post-operative or post-traumatic scars,
- pigment spots,
- deep wrinkles,
- acne scars,
Abdominoplasty is the most technically difficult plastic surgery, because the plastic surgeon must work with the skin and subcutaneous fat, as well as with muscles.
As a last resort, you can resort to surgery, so as not to wonder again how to hide stretch marks on the abdomen, and not to use a large number of masking agents.
When can you get a tattoo after cesarean section?
The process of scarring is different for everyone. Usually six months is enough for the scar after a cesarean section to fully heal. But the question of whether you can get a tattoo after that period is decided on an individual basis. Most often the masters recommend to wait approximately 12-18 months, so that the epidermis in this area is as thickened as possible. So there is much more chance that the tattoo will remain on the cesarean scar in its original form, not deformed and not "float".
Again, this figure largely depends on what type of scar was left after surgery.
Types of cesarean section scars
Based on the complexity of childbirth and a number of other indicators, the incision can be:
- Longitudinal. Carried out in indications for an emergency delivery, when there is heavy bleeding or fetal hypoxia, for example. The abdomen is then cut vertically - down from the navel. The scar in this case can drag on for a very long time, and the scar can be rough and bulky. Of course, a tattoo on the longitudinal stitches can be done after at least a year.
- Transverse. The skin is cut horizontally at the very bottom of the abdomen above the pubis. The scar remains minimal and heals much faster than in the previous case.
And with a longitudinal and transverse section can do tattoo, but only if the scar healed well, elastic, not rising above the skin, does not differ from it in color.
Longitudinal scar from cesarean section Transverse scar from cesarean section
In addition to the choice of color scheme, attention is paid to the selection of drawing styles. When the goal is to veil seams and stretch marks, the size of the tattoo is selected based on this factor
But a girl can expand the area of the natal painting, if an interesting picture will attract.
Miniature. When there are few stretch marks, it is quite suitable for a small-sized drawing that does not require clear underpainting. These can be symbols, hieroglyphs, fruits, flowers, butterflies, birds. Both colored and black and white images look well.
Inscriptions. If a cesarean section used a cosmetic incision (in the form of a "smile" above the pubis), inscriptions are the most organic. They are done in ligature or original script in Latin, Hebrew or another language. Oriental hieroglyphs are used on stretch marks. The phrase should be meaningful - a quote from the Bible or defining life credo.
Symbolism. There are many symbols used in tattoos, but you should not make a thoughtless choice. Each picture has a meaning, sometimes not one, but several. It is enough to change some stroke, the direction of the symbol or pick up the wrong color scheme, and the meaning abruptly changes. Such images are always associated with mysticism. They are believed to influence one's destiny.
Patterns. The decoration of the body with different patterns is practiced by all nations. Look beautiful Arabic and Indian designs, refer to the folklore of the peoples of the North, use the Mayan drawings or images from the tombs of the pharaoh. If the tattoos on the abdomen after childbirth will do a professional, the ancient patterns will organically fit into the image of a modern girl.
Other options. Symmetry in the body painting, where the center will be the navel, allows you to hide a large number of stretch marks. The subconscious meaning of such an image is to achieve harmony in life.
Girls love nature, so they choose floristics for the tattoo, emphasizing their desire for beauty. These are individual flowers, a bouquet ornament. Do not do without fauna - from butterflies, birds, to cats, dogs, wolves.
Contraindications and possible complications
As mentioned above, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a tattoo designed to hide the trace of a scalpel, if it is qualitatively made by a professional craftsman. But to put a permanent mark on the body is not possible for everyone. The contraindications are:
- Pregnancy. Hormonal background changes during this period, which can negatively affect the healing of the wound.
- Menstruation. The reason is the same as in the first case - the period of hormonal restructuring in the body is not the best time for tattooing.
- Skin diseases, in particular - Psoriasis. The skin of women who suffer from this disease is particularly sensitive. Even if you draw in places not affected by psoriasis, the paint can cause the formation of many plaques.
- Keloid scars. If you have them, application of permanent drawings, as well as any other, even minimal, surgical interventions are extremely undesirable. Firstly, such manipulations can provoke scar enlargement. Secondly, instead of beautiful picture you are likely to get a mess of ink and keloids.
- Hemophilia. In this disease, any "invasion" from the outside is fraught with bleeding.
- Endometriosis. There is a high risk of formation of cysts and knots on the scar and, accordingly, distortion of the applied pattern.
If a woman has at least one of these contraindications, it is wise to refuse tattooing, but do not despair. There are many advanced medical technologies, which, if not completely get rid of the scar, but at least make it less noticeable. We are talking about laser resurfacing, as well as cosmetic procedures based on the use of effective creams and ointments.
I recommend reading: How long after you can get pregnant after a cesarean section
The master will also refuse to do a tattoo if the girl has diabetes, asthma, allergies to dye pigments, AIDS or HIV. Alcohol intoxication of the client is also a reason to reschedule the procedure for another date.
How to choose a pattern for a scar tattoo
To the choice of figure should be approached with great responsibility, realizing that he will accompany you the rest of his life. Be sure to take into account the size of the postoperative mark, its location. A beautiful pattern - not necessarily a large, it is optimal if it will only slightly extend beyond the suture.
Important! Melanin, which is responsible for the pigmentation of the skin, is completely absent from the scar tissue. Therefore it is better to make a tattoo on a stomach in various colors, with highlights and shadows. But it is important not to overdo it. Literally 4-5 shades that go well together will be enough.
Cosmetics to conceal stretch marks
Cosmetics does not affect the reduction of stretch marks, but visually allows hiding them. You should choose cosmetics individually, taking into account your age and peculiarities of your body. The foundation should be chosen under the tone of the skin. It should be half a tone darker or lighter than the skin.
All cosmetic oils and creams are very expensive. But you should use them regularly and for a long time. For visible results - at least 2-3 months. The beauty industry does not stand still, and manufacturers present their best cosmetic products.
Among the effective concealers are:
- Airbrush Legs by Redist - This product evenly coats the surface of the skin and gives it the color of a delightful tan. It contains moisturizing components, and therefore stretch marks on the abdomen are removed and the skin becomes like velvet. The cost is 1 600 roubles.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation can be used for the whole body. Reflective components give a luminous effect to the skin. Price - 1500 rubles
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs has several shades. The product dries quickly and mattifies the body.
- Leg and Body Cover by Dermablend has a masking effect and has a protective filter against UV rays.
- "Perfect Feet" from Faberlic removes puffiness, perfectly masks stretch marks and even relieves fatigue.
The composition of cosmetics from stretch marks includes the following components:
- Retinol (vitamin A). Stimulates the production of collagen and restores the skin, makes stretch marks less visible. Do not use: during pregnancy;
- while breastfeeding.
- Cocoa and almond oil improves the hydrolipidic balance and elasticity of the skin. It moisturizes it and stimulates collagen production.
- Onion extract. Has wound-healing and antioxidant properties. As a result of studies, test subjects have noted a lightening of stretch marks and their reduction.
- Vitamins E and C give the skin elasticity, have a smoothing effect, reduce stretch marks.
Before applying the masking agent it is necessary to clean the skin with a scrub, and it is better if it contains caffeine. It will help hide not only stretch marks, but also other visual defects.
How to care for a tattoo
Care for a tattoo on the scar, as well as the procedure for its application, requires a serious approach. Mandatory condition: the unconditional fulfillment of all recommendations of the master. Only this way you can avoid bad consequences and complications, ensure rapid healing and quality manifestation of the figure.
- Visiting a solarium, sauna or bathhouse for two weeks after the procedure.
- Scratch off the crusts that have formed - they should come off on their own.
- Wiping the picture with alcohol-containing solutions.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for a month.
- Scratching the healing area.
- Going to the gym and serious physical activity (2 weeks).
- Consumption of alcohol after tattooing.
The manipulation itself is better performed in spring or summer, when the friction of the wound on the clothes will be minimal. After the procedure at home, it is necessary to wash off the remains of paint and blood with warm water. Then a thin layer of baby cream or special ointment should be applied to the tattoo and continue to lubricate it every day. This can be Dexpanthenol, Solcoseryl, Spasatel, Sintomycin, Levomekol, etc. After a week, the ointment can be replaced with regular petroleum jelly.
Important! The peculiarity of tattoos on scars is that scar tissue poorly absorbs paint. Therefore, in order for the drawing to "take root", it is important to observe all the above points.
How to properly care for a tattoo:
Choosing the best master
It is desirable to entrust the tattoo on the scar to a master who already has experience in similar work. You should show him the scar and listen to the recommendations. If they will coincide with the doctor's advice, most likely, it confirms the qualifications. In order to get the really expected result, it is worth:
- Choose a quality salon, rather than going to dubious semi-basement organizations.
- Ask about the availability of permits, as well as the safety of the materials used. A professional should use a set of modern means to ensure sterility, and only use disposable needles, gloves, and trays for mixing paints.
- Study the photos and work of the master.
- Read reviews on the Internet.
It is also not unreasonable to ask the master in what style he works. A highly qualified specialist can draw in different directions, but has his own preferences. It is better that the tastes of the master and the customer coincide.
What do doctors think
If some 10-15 years ago, almost all doctors were unanimously against "tattooing", today the opinion of most of them has significantly softened. First of all, because nowadays it is possible (necessary!) to make a tattoo in a good salon, where the sanitary requirements are fully respected, only disposable gloves, needles and other consumables are used. As for tools, which imply multiple use, they necessarily undergo disinfection by special chemical preparations.
Speaking about the appropriateness of tattooing on the scar site, doctors, especially psychotherapists, fully support their patients. Because it is really a great opportunity for women to get rid of psychological discomfort and complexes.
There are many theories that tattoos can cause various allergic, dermatological and even cancer diseases. But none of them are proven. But to argue that human health depends, first of all, on his moral state, hardly any luminaries of medicine would undertake. Therefore, to apply permanent markings on the body, if there are no other contraindications, no one to forbid. But be sure to consult a specialist before the procedure.