If you are not a fan of big tattoos and are trying to do something delicate, you will love this article! Here we'll talk about the different types, colors, and prints that might work for guys who don't like the tattoo process (which can be quite painful when dealing with large tattoos). Find something in this article that fits your personality as well as your fragile body and preferences.
Why do you need small tattoos?
Small tattoos are for men who don't like the very process of tattooing, as well as the needle itself. You will like a smaller tattoo if:
- You have sensitive skin.
- You're a minimalist
- You prefer tattoos Smaller tattoos because they are easier to get.
- They are more affordable as well as economical.
- You don't like the process
- You want something discreet.
How painful are small tattoos?
It's not really about the size of your tattoo, but more about its placement. Smaller tattoos take much less time, that's for sure. You can walk out of the store in 1-2 hours, and that's great news! However, if you end up placing your tattoo in an uncomfortable place, you will feel pain, regardless of its size! Try to avoid it:
- Your ribs.
- Your head, face or neck
- Your collar bones
Advantages of small male tattoos on the arm
Tattoo on the arm (male small sketches are recommended to develop individually with the tattoo master) has a number of advantages:
- the ability to easily change the body drawing, adding secondary objects or completely overlapping the original image (if the body to impose a large picture, then get rid of them in the future will only be possible with the laser);
- low cost (the price for the creation of small nudes varies from 1000 to 5000 rubles, depending on the complexity of the sketch)
- minimal painfulness of the procedure of creating a tattoo;
- short duration of the session (this point is especially important for busy men or those who hardly tolerate pain during the pigment penetration under the skin);
- the possibility of tattooing as a neutral, as well as tied to a specific event or person. When developing a sketch for a large image, it is mandatory to think through the idea and the key concept of the tattoo. Even a meaningless portrait of a cartoon character with whom a man associates himself, or a phrase from a favorite movie can serve as a miniature;
- There is no necessity to correct tattoo often (mini-tattoo on the arm is enough to refresh 1 time in 1-2 years, depending on its location. Such periodicity becomes possible due to the minimal amount of details of the image, printed in miniature on a man's skin).
Where is the best place to make a tattoo?
It is desirable to stuff a mini tattoo in a salon that specializes in such services. A reliable place will have such indicators of reliability:
- professional paints from well-known manufacturers;
- modern equipment;
- Guarantees of safety and quality;
- Website on the Internet and social networks;
- catalog with the works of masters;
- positive feedback and recommendations.
Unproven places and masters do not provide guarantees, which means that a man faces the risk of injury and infection.
In addition to the objective advantages, small tattoos have a number of disadvantages, which men need to consider when deciding on the creation of permanent images:
- The tattoo on the hands is in full view of the people around them. Such a decoration can create difficulties with obtaining a position in a serious company or impede career advancement due to the conservative views of superiors or strict rules related to the dress code in the organization;
- The risk of creating a negative opinion among people who see the man for the first time (the negativity may be associated with outdated stereotypes that the owners of tattoos are aggressive, consider themselves opponents, and some of them served time in prison);
- High probability of tattoo deformation after 10-15 years, despite the timely correction (the deterioration of the appearance of the figure is associated with age-related changes in the skin);
- Because of a constant being in a view, tattoos on hands quickly become bored, that provokes a desire to reduce the image with the laser (this procedure is not only expensive, traumatic and painful, but also does not give guarantees of achievement of result).
Why do men choose small tattoos?
Why do many men choose this format of tattoos? Of the main reasons - conservatism, restraint, image. Not every modern man will agree to a large and bright tattoo due to personal preferences or circumstances.
It is interesting that the small tattoos on the arm are a traditional type of drawing, because our ancestors decorated their bodies with them. Earlier they were runes, various symbols and images of mythical creatures, which were supposed to protect the wearer from trouble.
Now small male tattoos are chosen for the following reasons:
- a simple way of self-expression;
- The maximum ease and painlessness of the application procedure;
- Cost-effective option that everyone can afford;
- Minimum duration of the session (no need to visit the master several times to complete the tattoo);
- brevity and discreetness (everyone can make small male tattoos, regardless of his image and field of work).
Advantages of small tattoos
Laconic and stylish small tattoos have the following advantages:
- A great option for the first experience;
- no complicated maintenance;
- short healing period;
- affordable price;
- A wide range of designs for different ages, hobbies, image;
- small male tattoos have an aesthetic appearance and always look stylish;
- It is easy to combine with other tattoos or overlap with a new design.
In what places on the arm do guys do minions?
Tattoo on the arm (men's small sketches are recommended to perform in black and white colors) will look appropriate with the correct definition of the place of its application.
The most frequent representatives of the strong half of mankind stuffed tattoos on:
- shoulders (the advantage of placing the image here is the ability to hide it, if necessary, with any closet item);
- elbows (This version of the tattoo is suitable for men with a high pain threshold. Skin in this area is the most thin and sensitive, which makes the process of creating naked pictures extremely painful);
- Forearms (when developing a sketch of the tattoo to be placed on the forearm is recommended to place it vertically, filling as much as possible the free part of the workspace);
- wrists (the most harmonious look on the wrist tattoo inscriptions that encircle the lower part of the hand, imitating a bracelet);
- Brushes (doing tattoos in this area is impractical because of the frequent exposure of the pattern to external factors, such as sunlight, low temperatures, soapy solutions, and so on);
- palms (The main disadvantage of body art of this type is the necessity to correct it at least once in 3 months. Otherwise, because of the high mobility of the skin on the palms of his hands, tattoo "will float" and turn into a solid spot);
- Fingers (tattoos on fingers look appropriate in the only case - if they imitate brutal rings. In other circumstances, body images of this type add to men's hands feminine grace, which negatively affects the overall image of the man).
On the wrist
Men always put meaning into what they do, and every tattoo on their body has great meaning in their lives. The options for small tattoos on the wrist for guys are numerous, but the most popular are:
- A cross, which can carry a divine meaning, serve as a talisman or a request for protection. Or can be chosen due to its uncomplicated form and easy execution.
- The image of an eagle. This bird symbolizes power, courage, determination and spiritual strength in a man's character. The image of an eagle is quite popular, can be used as a small tattoo for guys.
- Sailboat. Often such a drawing is chosen by travelers and romantics. He symbolizes the love of freedom and the desire to visit different countries.
- Various symbols of a favorite band, movie or hero. The most popular drawing is the symbol of a superhero, which means that the man likes to be the first, to solve any problems, is a support for his other half. The emblems of music bands show the love of music, freedom and the fact that he is a fan of a particular band.
Styles and colors for small tattoos
When determining the style of a tattoo man is recommended to use a generally accepted algorithm, developed by experienced masters:
- To think through the idea of a natal image.
- Choose a specific place of the supposed placement of the tattoo.
- Depending on where you plan to place the tattoo, determine the size of the body image.
- Consider the style of the final image. The most popular for miniatures among men are considered tribal (used to create abstract drawings), Polynesia (used to create ornaments and patterns), minimalism (involves a small number of constituent parts of the image), graphic (tattoos in this style are created by means of clear straight lines), oriental (body images in this style allow tracing oriental motives), geometry (in this style tattoos are imposed based on geometric figures with clear shapes).
- Decide on the color of the tattoo. The most practical to pad the black and white tattoos. They do not require frequent corrections and special care, but it is advantageous to emphasize a particular feature of the appearance of a man (the relief of muscles, the volume of arms and so on). If a representative of the stronger half of mankind wants to score a colored picture on his hand, he should limit himself to 2-3 shades. Otherwise, the pigments, when interacting with each other, can give unpredictable shades, which will negatively affect the appearance of the image.
Tattoo on the hand (men's small images are more practical in care and wear in comparison with large analogues) masters can stuff in several ways:
- Using a special automated machine which principle of work consists in penetration of a needle preliminary moistened in pigment, under a skin of the person (a classical method which the absolute majority of tattoo-masters in official salons use);
Tattoo on the arm of a man's small
- Using a template, the perimeter of which is set of needles (needles wetted in pigment, then a sharp movement to introduce them under the skin and, after 1-3 minutes, get out of there);
- using a blade (the skin on the working surface is traumatized with the blade along the perimeter of the sketch, after which the wounds are filled with pigment).
To avoid health problems, tattooing should be done only by professionals. Tattoo masters, trained and experienced in their field, carefully monitor the sterility of consumables and working tools.
A careful approach to ensuring the safety of the client during the session of creating a body image minimizes the risk of infecting the man with serious diseases through the working tools used by the tattooist.
Tips for sketches
To quickly choose a sketch for small tattoos on the arm, it is worth deciding on:
- the place of application;
- Type of tattoo (ornament or picture);
- The task of the tattoo;
- The number of small tattoos that you plan to apply.
Those who already have a tattoo should choose sketches of small tattoos, which look harmoniously with the already imposed. Also, decide on the style of the design: tribal, minimalist, abstract, graphic, oriental, geometric, as well as the font (before the inscription).
When it's hard to choose a drawing on your own, a proven way is to ask your master. He will help to decide on the idea, creating a sketch of a small tattoo and stylistics of performance.
Sketches of small tattoos on the hands of men
Men's tattoos on the arm, no matter how small or big, should have a special meaning for their owner. Otherwise the printed image after a few months will cause negative emotions in men than will provoke the occurrence of the desire to reduce it with the laser.
Tattoos in the style of symbolism, printed on the hands, can look like this:
|Worn image in the style under consideration
|Variant of the meaning
|With the help of finger symbols, a man can declare to society his values and views on the world. By choosing such drawings as sketches, a man emphasizes the importance of money in his life, the awareness of the transience of time, as well as the stability and balance of his inner state.
|Tattoos with the image of yin-yang indicate the acceptance of a man as a strong trait of his personality, as well as a number of weaknesses. The owners of such tattoos do not seek self-knowledge, accepting himself for who he is and expecting a similar attitude from others.
|Anchor is considered a symbol of constancy in life. Men who choose this design for tattoos are goal-oriented people who have the stability and tranquility of their inner state as a priority. These people are reserved, they do not like to talk openly about their feelings, preferring to prove their attitude with actions. They are difficult to get off, but, evil, caused in his address, they remember for a long time, not missing the opportunity to answer the wrongdoer in the same way.
|The crown on his hand symbolizes the desire of men to dominate in all areas of life. Such people are not only leaders in the professional sphere, but also look for a woman who is ready to unconditionally take a secondary role in the creation of the family.
The most appropriate tattoo inscriptions for men are phrases that emphasize the masculinity of their owner, as well as the strength of spirit, courage and willingness to take responsibility. Tattoo-masters recommend to hit the body the words written in a foreign language, avoiding phrases that are clear to everyone. This will help make the tattoo unique, add mystery to the image of a man and attract the attention of the opposite sex.
|Tattoo with a foreign inscription
|Don't let your mind kill your heart and soul. (English.)
|"Don't let the practical component of your view of the world stifle creativity and vivid emotion.
|Ayant risqué une fois-on peut rester heureux toute la vie. (French.)
|"Only once in life, by conquering your fear and doing something that is not your own, can you know true happiness."
|Cuando una puerta se cierra, otra se abre. (spanish).
|"New opportunities will present themselves immediately as soon as you realize that the old ones have already been missed."
|Glück ist immer mit mir. (German.)
|"Every step I take in life is accompanied by good luck."
|תהילה טוב הוא טוב יותר עושר (Hebrew)
|"I'd rather have no money but remain a good man than become a rich scoundrel."
|Faber est quisque fortunae suae. (Latin.)
|"Each of us builds his own life by making fateful decisions every day."
|حيث هناك جيدة ومسقط رأس (Arabic).
|"My home is where I feel comfortable."
Beautiful hieroglyphs with meaning
Hieroglyphs, despite their non-standard appearance, are gradually losing their popularity. Not every tattoo artist can accurately determine their meaning. This circumstance increases the risk of filling a meaningless body image, which can further embarrass a person, for example, when communicating with a native speaker, able to translate what is written.
|"All my wishes are sure to come true."
|"I am full of vitality."
|"My courage and manliness help me make momentous decisions."
|荷 (lotus flower)
|The lotus for the Chinese people is considered a symbol of peace, tranquility and stability. The Chinese tattoo of the lotus flower symbolizes tranquility, calmness and stability.
|The hieroglyph "Love" is chosen by men seeking to use a body image to declare their love for their other half. These people are emotional, sensitive and do not hesitate to show emotion.
Flowers on the hands of a man will look harmoniously only when carefully thinking through the sketch of the tattoo.
The most common variants of natal drawings are:
|A body image in the style under consideration
|Variant of meaning
|Flowers located around the growing month symbolize the sensuality of the owner of the tattoo. Stuffing such an image on the hand, the man seeks to emphasize his openness to new impressions. These people are sociable and sincere, do not tolerate being alone.
|Clover, a man's hand, is a good luck charm for its owner. People who choose the sketch under consideration for the tattoo are superstitious, impulsive and highly dependent on their emotional state.
|The rose symbolizes a man's wary attitude towards the people around him. The owners of such tattoos were betrayed in the past, which contributed to the development of their present distrust of even their closest loved ones.
|A flower on the neck, printed in the Dotwork style, symbolizes the fact that the man tries to say only words with a positive message. People who choose this sketch for the tattoo, open to new acquaintances, but, knowing their worth, expect the most reverent attitude in his address from others than is often repulsed unfamiliar people.
Among the tattoos made in the style of abstraction, the most attractive for men are:
|Variation of meaning
|Tattoo with the image of abstract geometric images symbolizes the balance of a man's life, his collectedness in solving tasks, as well as a keen sense of justice, which he is guided in making fateful decisions.
|With the help of the wave, printed on the forearm, the man illustrates his inner state. The owners of such tattoos are emotional, irascible, do not like to wait and seek to follow their spontaneous desires. This feature of the character of these people considers the main virtue and seeks in every way to demonstrate it to others.
|The wing on the hand symbolizes the dreaminess of the bearer of the tattoo. Men who choose this sketch, consider themselves self-sufficient individuals, who is protected by God himself.
|The tattoo as a bracelet is a symbol of permanence of men. Possessing a conservative outlook, he is not inclined to numerous love affairs or dramatic changes in life. Moving through life, he tries as long as possible to remain in their comfort zone, often depriving himself of vivid impressions.
On the leg
When choosing a place on the body for a tattoo, male representatives give preference to the leg. This area is easier to hide from the eyes of others, the application process is less painful, and it is also easier to care for. There are a huge number of designs, but the most popular with guys small tattoos on the leg is as follows:
- Mountains. They have a philosophical meaning and denote strength, wisdom and will in character. Often, the mountains are stuffed to express invincibility and the conquest of the various peaks.
- Compass. There are three main interpretations of this figure: the search for guidance, constancy and fidelity. It all depends on the age of the man and the meaning he himself puts into the tattoo.
- Image of a lion. The formidable beast always symbolizes courage, strength and intelligence. Such a tattoo can often be found in athletes or men who have reached certain heights in their careers.
- A triangle with an eye inside. This image is called the "all-seeing eye" and denotes the presence of God, his support and help in all the affairs of the man. For guys, the little tattoo of the All-Seeing Eye is incredibly popular for men of all ages.
What tattoos should not be done by guys?
It is not recommended for guys to choose images as tattoo designs:
- Which have the lover's name as a constituent part;
- Representing a declaration of love to their parents;
- related to a particular subculture;
- With portraits of real people;
- Cartoon characters.
Men's tattoos, placed on the hand, are best done in miniature. They can dot hide skin defects, as well as keep a guy's memories of a particular event, hobbies or person. By properly developing a tattoo sketch, a man will add uniqueness to his own image, providing increased attention to his persona from the opposite sex.